The world’s first accessible, solar powered, compact, portable, durable, yet economical MP3 audio player – the Envoy Connect
Envoy Connect - Unlocked Solar-Powered audio player
Envoy Connect is the world’s first accessible, solar powered, compact, portable, durable, yet economical audio player.
MegaVoice, together with Vision Australia, have created the Envoy Connect to make reading more accessible for everyone.
Save your favorite music or audio books on the player’s bookshelf to read anywhere. True mobility is possible thanks to the built-in solar panel and rechargeable battery.
If you need a practical and economical ‘go-anywhere’ accessible audio player, then the Envoy Connect is for you.
FEATURES & SPECS
- Solar powered accessible audio player
- Bookshelf function
- Sleep timer
- Audio bookmarking
- Audible user feedback for all functions
- Intuitive navigation keypad with raised buttons
- MicroSD card reader for expanded memory
- 8GB internal memory: Up to 1,600* hours of tamperproof content
*Higher quality audio uses more storage space
- Stereo high-fidelity, CD-quality capable when audio is recorded to highest technical standards
- Onboard speaker for personal or small group listening
- 3.5mm audio port for earbuds, headphones, a Bluetooth transmitter, or an external speaker – like the Solar Case Speaker which boosts audio levels for larger group listening
- Charge internal Li-Ion battery via solar panel, computer, or power supply
- Connect to a computer to load audio files via Micro USB port using the included data cable.
- MegaVoice can load audio content to any number of players required
- Enhanced water resistance
- Durable, shock-resistant body
- Player weight: 1.9 ounces (54 grams)
- Player dimensions: 4.2″ x 2.3″ x 0.4″ (10.6cm x 5.9cm x 1.1cm)
- External reset button
- Replaceable Lithium-Ion polymer battery
- 3.7V (nominal) 390mAh, 1.44W
- Typical battery playtime: up to 14 hours*
- Typical battery charge retention: over 6 months*
- Typical battery life at room temperature: up to 3 years*
*Many factors influence typical battery playtime, charge retention and life. All times listed are best-case estimates based upon use under normal conditions.
External Power Supply
For fastest charge, connect any standard “USB” charger (regulated +5VDC, minimum 300mA) to the micro-USB port on the player for about 2 hours (or until the LED stops blinking). While charging, the LED will blink.
Plug the player into any standard computer USB port using a “USB to micro-USB” cable for about 4 hours or until the LED stops blinking. Any regular or charge-only cable is sufficient.
For solar charging, place the player with the solar panel directly facing sunlight for 8 – 10 hours. Note, the LED light does not blink or show charging level when charging with the solar panel.